How do I set up a Promotion? NEW!
You've decided to promote your Amazon product on Jump Send. Excellent! Let's get you set up...
The first step in the process is to create a Jump Send seller account!
- So, to sign up as a seller, please go to the Jump Send website and click on the 'Seller Account' button on the left-hand side of that window.
- In the new page that opens, enter your first and last name, your email address and password (this should be at least 6 characters long). Then, click on the grey 'Continue to Payment Details' button at the bottom of the page. And, so you know, our trial is three days long, to enable you to get a feel for the site.
- As soon as you click the 'Continue to Payment Details' button, a small payment window should appear. Enter your credit card number, the expiration date and CVC number (the three digits on the back of your card, use for security). Then click on the blue 'Submit' button.
- If your credit card has been accepted, then a green check mark should appear at the bottom of that payment window and you will be directed sync your Amazon Marketplace Web Services (MWS) Seller Account. Start by choosing your market then click on the 'Sign On to Your Seller Central Account' button:
Then it will ask you to grant access to Jump Send with the Application Name and Developer Account Number:
Application Name: Jump Send
Application Developer Account Number: 9322-4724-5536
- Add your Seller ID, Seller Central email address and then the MWS authorization token you will get from them:
If everything was entered properly you will get a confirmation page and will then be redirected to your new account so you can start your promotion!
First, make sure the product is active under your Products page.
- On your Jump Send menu at the top right of the screen you will see the Promotions tab. There you will find the button to Create a new promotion as seen here:
- Start by choosing a product. You can also search by ASIN...again, please note that only active products that haven't been added to another promotion will appear. If you have other ASINs currently being promoted, they will be greyed out:
- Now on Step #2: Most of the information for the product will have populated automatically, so scroll down to choose your product category, the shipment method, and the email address you wish customers to use in case they need to contact you.
- When you're done, please click on the blue 'Next Step' button in the bottom right-hand corner of the page:
- Next, and probably the most important step in this process, is deciding whether or not you want to use the Inventory Protection feature for your promotion.
- If you do decide to continue your promotion without using the Inventory Protection feature, then you will have to check the 'No' option and click the box, stating you understand that Jump Send is not liable for lost inventory. Without checking that box, you will not be able to continue.
- However, we highly recommend protecting your inventory. If you choose the Inventory Protection option, just add the maximum number of units you want to be set during the promotion and then after the promotion ends. Then continue to add the start and end date of your promotion. When those are entered, please click on the blue 'Next Step' button in the bottom right-hand corner of the page:
- Now that you've entered your start and end dates for your promotion, it's time to create the single-use promo codes for your listing. Step 4 of setting up your promotion includes a video explaining how to get those codes and it is extremely important to watch that video (so important, we've also added it here). You want to make sure you create them correctly...so feel free to watch it twice! :)
- After you've watched the video and have created your codes, please enter the discount amount used and check that the final price matches. Then paste the coupon codes into the list of 'Single-Use Coupon Codes' field. Click on the blue 'Next Step' button in the bottom
right-handcorner of the page
- Step 5, choose between manually approving requests to purchase your product one at a time, and having the system approve the requests automatically.
- If you want to approve requests manually, simply click on the 'I wish to manually approve shoppers' option and then click on the blue 'Next Step' button in the bottom right-hand corner of the page.
- Or, if you want to have your requests approved automatically, please click on the 'Automatically approve shoppers' button. That will cause the window to expand, and you'll be required to enter the upper limit of requests you want to be approved.
- To set the limit, click on the down arrow in the '0' field and then click on the maximum number of shoppers you want to be approved by the system. You can choose a minimum of one approval, and a maximum of 99. Once you've set your approval limit, please click on the blue 'Next Step' button in the bottom right-hand corner of the page:
- Now you're at the final step of the set-up process! Step 5 allows you to preview your listing, from an overview of your promotion, to whether or not you choose Inventory Protection (max order quantity), to how many codes you added, the end date of your listing and whether you choose manual or automatic approvals.
- If you're happy with your promotion, you can either click to blue 'Update' button to publish at a later date or the blue 'Publish' button if you want to activate your promotion immediately.
And you're done! Here's
** Please note, at any step of the promotion set-up process, you can save your draft. Just click on the blue 'Save as Draft' button, directly to the left of either the blue 'Next' button.